Wednesday 19 December 2012

Digital Europe workshop on Cloud standards

Last week I had the honour and the pleasure of being a speaker at a workshop on Cloud standards organised and hosted by Digital Europe. We were three in the panel with Ken Ducatel from the European Commission (DG CONNECT), John Higgins (Director of Digital Europe) and myself.

This workshop was the first in a series of Cloud workshops organised by Digital Europe and triggered by the EU Communication on the Cloud Strategy for Europe.

I should say that as speakers we were pretty much aligned on one key topic: The work currently starting around ETSI of mapping the standardisation landscape in Cloud
  • is coordination work on ETSI's side only, 
  • should be totally open and transparent, 
  • and should not require signing any agreement that contributors agree to ETSI's IPR policy or so.
I had prepared a deck as guidance for my contribution and as handout to the audience. I just uploaded it on slideshare - all the major other points I made are in there so I save the typing here... 




There was a good discussion during the event which was all-in-all very good - a good start for the series. Congratulations to Digital Europe.

No comments: